This policy explains our privacy practices for our services that link to this policy including the iSkoot web notification service, and iSkoot’s website at: www.iskoot.com (the “Website” and collectively: the “Services”). It describes the ways we collect and use your personal information and your rights with respect to our privacy practices. The Services are provided by Qualcomm iSkoot, Inc., a company headquartered in California, U.S.A. (“we”, “us”, and “our”).THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 14. IF YOU ARE UNDER 14 YEARS OLD, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SERVICES, OR PROVIDE US WITH ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
US Safe Harbor Registration:We comply with the U.S. - E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We certify that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Personally identifiable Information that we may collect:The web notification service allows you to receive incoming online messages from your personal accounts in web content services, such as web-mail services, RSS feeds and messaging services, to your cellular phone. During the initial setup, after selecting your preferred services you will be asked to provide access information, such as user name and passwords, to your accounts for those services. The Service will retrieve and aggregate Online Content from your preferred services and deliver highlights of the Online Content to your cellular phone. You may then request to receive additional related information. We will store your online content and your access information for the duration of the content delivery session, and then delete the information from our systems. Some of the Services may require registration. In the course of registration we may ask you to provide personal information, such as your name, contact details and e-mail address. We will explicitly indicate the fields designated for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in the mandatory fields, you will not be able to register with these Services. We may collect further information when you exchange communications with us, for example, when you submit an inquiry or contact our support team.
Username and passwordCertain Services such as the web notification service will require you to provide a username and set a unique password that will identify you each time you use the Service. From time to time, we may require other or additional means or methods of identification. You agree to maintain your username and password in absolute confidentiality and refrain from disclosing such to others. Make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
What do we do with your personally identifiable information?We may use personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services and to enable you to use them; to provide you with the Services and to enable you to use them;
- to improve and customize your experience with the Services;
- to enable the development and improvement of the Services;
- to provide you with support, assistance and updates;
- to handle inquiries and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, upgrades and new releases;
- to provide you with information relating to the Services;
- to provide you with further marketing and advertising material, subject to your prior indication of consent. At any time you may opt out of our mailing lists, by contacting us at the ‘Contact us’ page on the Website. In any case, we will not share your personally identifiable information with any advertisers, without your explicit consent;
- to facilitate communication between you and us, and between you and others;
- to enforce our Services’ end user license agreements;
- to contact you when we believe it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies as required;
- to collect fees and debts, and to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and any other misuse of the Services;
- to take any action in case of any dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- For any other purpose stipulated in this policy, or in the end user license agreements of the Services.
The information we share with othersWe do not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties for any of their marketing purposes. We may share personally identifiable information with others in any of the following instances, or subject to your explicit consent:
- We will share your information with our business partners to the extent necessary to facilitate your use of the Services and the functionality of the Services;
- If we reasonably believe that you have breached one of the Services’ end user license agreements, or abused your rights to use any of the Services, or performed any act or omission that we reasonably believe to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. We may share your information in these cases with law enforcement officials, with other competent authorities and with any third party as may be required to handle the results of your wrongdoing;
- If we are required, or reasonably believe that we are required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where we may reasonably believe that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property;
- If we organize the operation of the Services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if we are acquired by, or merged with another entity, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy;
- We may also share personally identifiable information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with us, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy; except for personal data transferred from the European Economic Area and Switzerland, which we only share with companies affiliated with us that process data on our behalf or if we transfer the personal data using other legal mechanisms (e.g, consent).
Log files and aggregated informationWhen you use the Services, we may automatically collect further information and store it in web-server log files. For example, we may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Website, the duration of your sessions, the web pages that you visit, advertisements that you view or click on, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to sign-in or use the Services.
We may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information, including by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information through the Services, and by providing the information to users, suppliers, business partners, affiliates and any other third party, at our sole discretion, provided however, that the information will not identify you personally and that we will not knowingly, or intentionally use such information to reveal your identity without your consent, under the terms of this policy.We may also share personally identifiable information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with us, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy
Accessing your personal accountAt any time, you may contact us at: email@example.com and request to edit, correct, or amend your personal information. Please keep in mind that providing false, incorrect, incomplete, or out dated information may prevent you from registering with or using the Services, and/or may impair our ability to provide you with the Services.
Data retentionWe retain your personal information as necessary to provide our Services as well as support our internal needs. However, by doing so we do not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such information. If you would like us to delete your personal information from your account, see the section “Deletion of information” below.
Deletion of informationIf you wish to delete your personally identifiable information that is stored in our databases, please use the ‘Contact us’ page on the Website. We will remove the personal information we have about you from our publicly viewable database within a reasonable time but we may retain personal information about you in our non-public databases for a reasonable period of time to support our operational requirements (for example only, reconciling your transactions). Notwithstanding the foregoing, there may be circumstances where we are legally required to retain the information we collect about you (for example, in connection with court proceedings) and despite your request for us to delete your personal information, we will retain what we are legally required to keep. Moreover, we reserve the right to make anonymous the personal information so that it is no longer associated with you rather than deleting it. We also reserve the right to use previously obtained personal information to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your personal information, and may delete any or all of your personal information without liability.
Information securityWe implement information security systems and procedures to secure the information stored on our servers. Such systems and procedures reduce the risk of security breaches, but they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that our services are immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information-security risks. We do not warrant that your personal information will be stored for the required durations, or that your personal information will not be retrieved after being deleted.
ChildrenOur Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 14. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us as set forth in the section “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child under 14 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Safe Harbor Dispute ResolutionAs part of our participation in Safe Harbor, we have agreed to TRUSTe dispute resolution for disputes relating to our compliance with the Safe Harbor Privacy Framework. If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with the Safe Harbor you should first contact us (as provided above). If contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you may raise your complaint with TRUSTe by Internet here, fax to 415-520-3420, or mail to TRUSTe Safe Harbor Compliance Dept., click for mailing address. If you are faxing or mailing TRUSTe to lodge a complaint, you must include the following information: the name of company, the alleged privacy violation, your contact information, and whether you would like the particulars of your complaint shared with the company. For information about TRUSTe or the operation of TRUSTe’s dispute resolution process, click here or request this information from TRUSTe at any of the addresses listed above. The TRUSTe dispute resolution process shall be conducted in English. For human resources data we have agreed to cooperate with data Protection Authorities.
Contact usYou are welcome to contact us with requests, comments and questions at the Contact us page on the Website write to us at Qualcomm iSkoot, Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 5775 Morehouse Drive, San Diego, CA 92121.
Last update: March 27, 2013